Henceforth, I propose that we refer to the inhabitants of the Rump Aggregator formerly aggregating us only as the Regressive Bloggers. (Hey, "Regressive Rump." Has a kinda ring to it, doncha think?)
Just so we're clear, this isn't just a goalmouth celebration (although I'd be less than candid if I didn't acknowledge a slight element thereof). As I've argued previously, words and their meanings matter. And if you're willing to put the basic human rights of your fellow citizens in issue, you don't get to call yourself progressive. Period. All that foofaraw about "censorship" (scroll down through the comments) is just so much yargle-bargle.
What the Dawgmeister said about pale over at ACR. Well played, Comrade. Jolly well played.
(Not that the Rumpsters aren't still good for the occasional laugh, though. If you buy into their claims of progressive intent, maybe I Kinsellya this swampland. And then there's this ... )
- On reproductive freedom, there is nothing to fucking 'debate'
- Hello, "Progressive Bloggers?" Open asses. Remove heads.
- Hey, 'Progressive Bloggers' and Scott Tribe: Are you giant wankers, or just trying to look like it?
- And speaking of 'Progressive Bloggers' who Just Don't Get It, have you good people met Paladiea?
- And the PB exits continue ... @DrDawg and @gallopingbeaver