'via Blog this'
It doesn't make up for the fact that it still publishes Wente, but every now and then the Globe manages to do something worthwhile.
My only quibble with Martin, other than that he still hasn't appeared on the Tweeter, is that he doesn't quite go where he's obviously heading and use the F word. The propensity for control and domination is staring us right in the face.
Just take a look:
- Fetishizing the military
- A publicly funded propaganda machine, amplified by willingly braying transmitters at Stun Media
- Disdain for democratic accountability
- Obsessive message control
- Warrantless citizen surveillance
- Jails, jails and more jails
- Demonizing and smearing of opposition
Really, are these the hallmarks of a government that has its citizens' welfare at heart? Haven't we seen this movie before?
- The Sun's effect on our national conversation is obvious, but what about the Globe?
- Media culpa: George Monbiot’s unedited letter to the Globe and Mail
- Why not just have the Americans write our legislation for us? - Peace, order and good government, eh?
- The capacity for critical thought - how do we build it?
- "Find new ways to protect Parliament?" WTF?